WELCOME BACK! Today we are opening our doors and welcoming you back in -socially distanced of course! I’ve spent the past weeks with a great team working to make sure our store looked lovely and more importantly was safe to welcome you back. A few changes to keep everyone safe and comfortable but it’s still the same fab #jlhighwycombe with loads of bargains (maybe more than ever?!) We will be doing virtual personal styling via video calls (I can’t wait - top half smart and bottom half pjs!?) and helping you find fantastic pieces that suit like always. We can walk and talk around the departments with you, finding those missing items from your wardrobe. Watch this space - or drop me a DM and let’s have some fun! 🎉 #wearepartners ...
It’s Sunday, 7 work outs done this week so we have earned this 4 hour slow cooked beef and ale short rib mac and cheese 🥩 🧀
If you don’t fancy cooking the short ribs this would work equally well with left over bolognese sauce or left over beef stew. Everything’s better with mac and cheese right? #sundayvibes#WaitroseAndPartners#quarentinekitchen#WeArePartners#WhatsCooking
To cook the short rib
2 short rib
2 bay leafs
1 star anise
900ml beef stock -
The beef sauce
Leftover beef stock from the short rib
The Mac and cheese
1tsp Dijon mustard
400g grated cheddar (save some for the top)
200g Pasta ( macaroni or rigatoni)
20g bread crumbs -
1. Place a frying pan on a medium heat and add a tbsp of oil. Once hot add your short rib and sear on all sides.
2. Chop all your vegetables and place in an oven proof dish. Once your short ribs are seared add them to dish and pour over your stock cover and cook on 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 3-4 hour or until the meat is tender. Remove the short ribs and drain off the liquid and reserve this for the sauce.
3. To make the sauce for the beef, add 200ml of Ale ( or red wine) and reduce this down by half add your reserved braising liquid and reduce you should have around 400ml of liquid. Shred your short rib in a bowl and poor over the beef and ale sauce. Keep this to one side.
4. To make the sauce for your mac and cheese place your butter into a saucepan on a medium heat and melt, add your flour and cook out for 3 minutes. Then add your milk slowly add your milk and whisk continually. Do this in stages your can always if it’s too thick for your presence you can always add more milk. Then add your cheese, mascarpone and mustard before adding your pasta to the pan.
5. In a oven proof dish place your beef mix on the bottom, then pour over your mac and cheese and finish with left over grated cheese and bread crumbs. Place in the oven on 200C/180C fan/gas 6 for 20-25 minutes or until it’s golden brown. ...