We just returned from some gloriously off grid time in Montana where we reconnected with family and friends, gazed at that famous Big Sky, floated the Blackfoot River, soaked in natural hot springs, ate cylindrical sandwiches (😉👊🏼 to those of you who know), listened to the wind rustle through the quaking aspens and ponderosa pines, and feasted like royalty thanks to overnight shipping and our awesome friends @inland_lobster and @hamahamaoysters.#montana#lobsterboil ...
Summer on a plate! Zucchini, corn, tomato, basil, jalapeño and feta all come together for a light, easy summer side dish that goes with everything. I’ve actually eaten it as a meal unto itself and had no complaints! I just posted the recipe on my site for your summer eating pleasure and do not fret, I have given you a dozen swap suggestions ‘cause it’s still a pandemic and no need to go to the market just because you don’t have jalapeño. Link is in bio. 📷 @victoriawallharris#zucchini#corn#tomatoes#summerrecipes#healthy#healthyfood#plantbased#pamelasalzman ...
PAPPARDELLE, GIROLLES, SWEETCORN
Such a quick and delicious summery bowl.
Makes 2 portions
50g girolles or other wild mushrooms, thoroughly cleaned
1 medium corn on the cob, kernels cut from the cob
2 tbsp mascarpone
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Juice and zest of half a lemon
thyme to serve
parmesan to serve
1. Put a large frying pan on a high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil and fry the mushrooms until they begin to colour (3-4mins), stirring occasionally
2. Meanwhile cook the pasta to packet instructions and drain, reserving a cupful of the cooking water
3. When the girolles have started to colour add the corn and garlic to the same pan, continue cooking for 2 minutes, then turn off the heat
4. Stir in the mascarpone, lemon and pasta - add pasta water as needed to ensure a silky sauce and season to taste
5. Serve scattered with thyme and Parmesan ...